Elewana means “harmony” in Swahili, and the Elewana Collection of lodges in East Africa seeks to bring harmony to its guests and to harmonize with the natural environment.
The Elewana Collection includes seven boutique lodges and hotels:
- Arusha Coffee Lodge, a group of 30 cottages on one of Tanzania’s largest organic coffee plantations, at the base of Mount Meru. Guests have the opportunity to learn about coffee harvesting and roasting, and to sample beans that are grown and brewed on site.
- Tarangire Treetops features 20 tree houses and elevated guest rooms built around the trunks of enormous baobab and marula trees. It is in a private game reserve bordering Tarangire National Park, Tanzania.
- In Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, Serengeti Migration Camp provides 20 luxuriously appointed tents that blend seamlessly with the surrounding rocky outcrops. Serengeti Pioneer Camp is an intimate 10-tent camp with a low ecological footprint.
- The Manor at Ngorongoro is located on a large coffee estate next to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania, and includes 20 spacious Cape Dutch-style cottages. On-site activities include horseback riding, bicycle trails and coffee processing tours.
- Kilindi Zanzibar is a 15-room beach escape that combines Scandinavian minimalism mixed with the dramatic overtones of Middle Eastern architecture.
- AfroChic Diani Beach is on the white sands of the Kenyan coast near Mombasa. Situated near an 18-hole championship golf course and local boutiques, spas, craft markets, it’s an excellent place to unwind at the end of a safari.